Hi everyone! In case you missed the announcement over the holidays while you were drinking egg nog and falling asleep in front of the fire, Or, if you live on the other side of the world, in case you missed it because you were sipping Manhattans and falling asleep by the pool, I’m now accepting submissions for SHITFEST 2015. I want to run it in February. so the earliest you could get it to me, the better (for me). Here’s the basic rules:
- The contest will run as long as the entries keep coming in
- You can write about any genre from any year as long as you think it’s a piece of shit
- Make it fun – past winners have usually been people who write differently than their normal blog
- Be creative – it doesn’t have to be an essay – you can submit art, poems, videos, pictures, etc
- You don’t have to be a blogger to submit an entry
- At then end of the contest we will vote on our favorite posts
- The winner will receive a handsome trophy cast from the bowels of hell, coded with the most perfect evil
I am also requesting ANY help in creating graphics for this thing. Banners, header, thumbnails, posting on my day off, anything will help. I can’t pay you with anything but my gooey love so there’s that.
You can look at any of the previous glorious entries at the following links to get a hint about what you might want to do or be up against:
You can see miraculous trophy acceptance speeches at these links:
To enter – send me your post (or ask general questions) at firstname.lastname@example.org ~ I’ll accept any format as long as I can open it. If you want to load your post up with loads of pictures, that’s fine, just indicate where you want them placed in the post. I think that’s it – let me know if you have any questions. In case you missed it, here’s the trophy:
AND!!! Check out these fantastic new sidebar images from our one and only Film Grimoire!!!
Talk to you soon!!!